More than 8,500 bidders from 53 countries registered to participate in the Edmonton auction, including 6,300+ online bidders. Approximately 89 percent of the equipment in the auction was sold to Canadian buyers, with buyers from Alberta purchasing 52 percent, while international buyers from countries such as the United States, China and the United Arab Emirates purchased 11 percent of the equipment. Approximately 64 percent of the equipment in the auction was sold to online buyers.
"Equipment supply continues to be tight, resulting in high demand and strong pricing across most equipment categories," said Trent Vandenberghe, Sales Director, Ritchie Bros. "We registered 8,500 bidders this week and there were probably another few thousand people onsite just to watch and see what the current market is for equipment. There was a strong contingent of end-users bidding aggressively and snatching up assets—they have the work and they need the equipment. Consignors were very happy with the results we achieved for them this week."
Equipment in the Edmonton auction was sold for 640+ owners, including a complete dispersal of 90+ items for Savard Construction.
"We came to Ritchie Bros. because of the convenience they provide—they could sell all our gear in one auction, instead of me trying to sell one item at a time by myself," said Mike Savard, owner of Savard Construction. "My Ritchie Bros. representative was excellent and very helpful throughout the whole consignment and auction process. I was able to hand over my gear and let them take care of everything else and at the end of the day I'm very happy with the results."
There was also a special charity portion of this week's Edmonton auction, with the company running a series of events to raise funds for the Children's Wish Foundation. All told, the company raised over CA$19,000 for the charity. Ritchie Bros. would like to thank all customers who participated in this event.
- Two 2014 Western Star 4900SA 11,598-litre tri-drive hydro vac trucks sold for a combined CA$660,000
- A 2012 Caterpillar 16M VHP motor grader sold for CA$580,000
- Two 2013 Volvo A40F articulated dump trucks sold for a combined CA$570,000
- A 2016 Caterpillar 966M wheel loader sold for CA$335,000
- A 2008 Caterpillar 627G motor scraper sold for CA$300,000
- A 2016 Versatile 500DT track tractor sold for CA$282,500
- A 2007 Caterpillar D8T crawler tractor sold for CA$240,000
- A 2015 Gerrys KLH802 85-ton lowboy sold for CA$225,000
- A 2017 Kenworth W900 sleeper truck tractor sold for CA$154,000