Ritchie Bros. preps for its largest Canadian auction of 2018
Edmonton – With the changing of seasons, comes fleet changes for many Alberta contractors, making spring a big time for auctions in western Canada. And there's no bigger Canadian auction than Ritchie Bros.' annual, multi-day April event in Edmonton.
Traditionally, Ritchie Bros.' Edmonton April auction is its largest Canadian event of the year. This year's April 24 – 28 auction already has 8,200+ equipment listed to sell—with more items being added right up to the auction. Current highlights include 255+ excavators, 245+ compactors, 140 dozers, 130 dump trucks, 95+ articulated dump trucks, 85 loaders, 75+ boom trucks, 75 winch tractors, 20+ bed trucks, 205+ truck tractors, 950+ trailers, as well as a large selection of farmland and industrial real estate. As always, all items will be sold without minimum bids or reserve prices.
"There are a lot of contractors who want to be part of our big April event, as it draws a record crowd year after year," said Brian Glenn, Senior Vice President, Ritchie Bros. "This year we have a huge selection of equipment representing the multitude of sectors operating in western Canada, including a diverse selection of drilling-related equipment and are leveraging the expertise of our Kruse Energy Auctioneers brand for a special, dedicated energy event on Day Four of the auction."
Equipment in the auction is being sold for 950+ owners, including a complete dispersal for H&E Oilfield Services Ltd.
"We've been working with Ritchie Bros. since we started our company 40 years ago," said Larry Semen, President and Owner of H&E Oilfield Services. "The selection at their auctions is unmatched and they are great people to work with. We are selling more than 130 items in the April Edmonton sale—all of it well-maintained and ready for a new owner."
Specific equipment highlights:
• Two 2017 Caterpillar 745 6x6 articulated dump trucks (incl. a 745C model)
• 19 Caterpillar D6T crawler tractors (incl. LGP & XW models)
• A 2012 Caterpillar 627H motor scraper
• A 2014 John Deere 670G LC VG hydraulic excavator
• Four Caterpillar 988H wheel loaders
• Two 2011 Kenworth T800 T/A T/A hydro vac trucks
• Two Kenworth C500 T/A tri-drive boom trucks
• A 2014 Western Star 6900TS 8x8 bed truck
• Three Kenworth C500 T/A T/A bed trucks
• Two 2018 Kenworth T800 tri-drive sleeper winch tractors
• Three 2014 Western Star 4900 winch tractors
• Two 2016 Kenworth W900 tri-drive sleeper heavy haul truck
• A 2018 Gerrys KLH603 16+16+8 lowboy
• A 2005 Peerless LB65 24-wheel lowboy
• Two 2016 John Deere 853M feller bunchers
• Visit rbauction.com/Edmonton for a complete list of equipment and trucks
Farmland, residential and industrial real estate selling by unreserved auction
On Day Two (April 25) of the auction, Ritchie Bros. will sell nine parcels of farmland, residential and industrial real estate, including a 2,600±-square-foot industrial condo in Rocky Mountain House, Alta.; four parcels of farmland in Wetaskiwin County, Alta. ranging from 51.31± title acres to 112.19± title acres; and a country acreage with a residential home and farmland in Thorhild, Alta.
For more information, visit rbauction.com.