The CIM Convention 2018 is being held at the Vancouver Convention Centre, May 6-9, and the Awards Gala was on Monday, May 7.
Congratulations to this year's winners!
- A.O. Dufresne Award: Alain Blackburn
- CIM Bedford Canadian Young Mining Leaders Award: Amélie Rouleau, Bora Ugurgel, Gaeleen MacPherson, Mohammed Babaei, Nancy Komperdo
- CIM Distinguished Lecturers: Arnfinn Prugger, D. Chad LePoudre, Glenn Lyle, Dominic Fragomeni, Siri Camille Genik, Mary Wells, Marilyn Spink
- CIM Distinguished Service Medal: Malcolm J. Scoble
- CIM Fellowship: Daolun Chen, Norman B. Keevil, James Edward Beswick, Francis P. Yungwirth, Gregory Richards, Paul Blatter, Robert J. Carey, Roussos Dimitrakopoulos
- Diversity & Inclusion Award: Nancy Komperdo
- Hatch – CIM Mining and Minerals Project Development Safety Award: Bethune Mine – Legacy Project
- John T. Ryan Trophies: Rambler Metals and Mining Canada Ltd., Mosaic Potash Esterhazy Limited, K1 Mine; Westmoreland Coal Co., Genesee Mine; New Gold Inc., New Afton Mine; Cameco Corporation, Cigar Lake; Sudbury INO a Glencore Company, Nickel Rim South Mine; Goldcorp, Eleonore Mine; Mosaic Potash Esterhazy Limited, K2 & Brine Inflow; DeBeers Canada, Victor Mine
- Mel W. Bartley Award: CIM Saskatoon Branch
- Mining Engineering Outstanding Achievement Award: William T. Schweng
- Mining Safety Leadership Medal: James Thomas (Jim) Joy
- Outgoing President Plaque: Kenneth G. Thomas
- Robert Elver Mineral Economics Award: Simon W. Houlding
- Selwyn Blaylock Canadian Mining Excellence: Peter N. Calder
- Towards Sustainable Mining Community Engagement Award: IAMGOLD, Scrap Metal Recovery to Support Local Initiatives Peanut Butter Example
- Towards Sustainable Mining Environmental Excellence Award: Vale Canada – Sudbury Biodiversity program
- Vale Medal for Meritorious Contributions to Mining: Ronald R. Nolan
Learn more about CIM Awards and view past recipients.