This webinar will cover:
- Origins of current equipment reliability engineering concepts developed in commercial aviation.
- Understanding of random failure versus age-/life-related failure.
- Impact of failure consequence on identical equipment/components.
- Discussion on the three different types of direct maintenance.
- How to use these maintenance tactics to effectively manage safety and environmental risk.
- What if a device has safety or environmental failure consequences and there is no direct maintenance solution.
Date: September 9, 2015 at 2 p.m. EST
Presenter: James Nesbitt, Partner, APG
An industry leader and highly recognized expert in the fields of reliability and asset performance management, Nesbitt uses a grassroots approach focused on providing cost benefits and performance results for clients across a global market. Mentored by the late John Moubray and engrained with the RCM methodology, Nesbitt shares his expert knowledge with large organizations through consulting, training and facilitation engagements. Nesbitt participates in the Aladon Network, American Nuclear Society, Society for Maintenance & Reliability Professionals (SMRP), Paper Industry Management Association (PIMA), and ReliabilityWeb; in these forums, Nesbitt regularly speaks on topics such as the cost-benefits of reliability, speed-to-value for the client, unlocking the hidden capacity in existing plants, and the implementation of reliability and asset performance management. Nesbitt was also a member of the Canadian Advisory Committee guiding the transition of the PAS-55 Asset Management specification through the ISO development process.
Moderator: Rehana Begg, Editor, PEM and REM
Rehana Begg is the editor of PEM (Plant Engineering & Maintenance) and REM (Resource Engineering & Maintenance) magazines. PEM is Canada’s trusted source of information for industrial maintenance managers, operations managers and physical asset managers. REM focuses on asset management in the mining, oil and gas sectors. With more than 15 years of publishing experience, Begg has managed a variety of B2B and consumer publishing projects.